The Board of Management is appointed annually by the Board of Trustees.
There shall not be more than 15 members of the Board of Management, which shall consist of such members of the Board of Trustees, the members of the Institute and Executive Officers as the Board of Trustees shall determine by regulation but it shall normally include:
- Jane Gunn, Chair
- Bennar Aydoğdu, Chair of the Education and Membership Committee
- Judge Billie Colomobaro, Chair of the Examinations Board
- Shawn Conway, Chair of the Practice and Standards Committee
- Jayems Dhingra
- Bernard Fleming, Mediator
- Michael Tonkin, Honorary Treasurer
- Amanda Lee, Chair of the Young Members Group
- Robert Sliwinski, Chair of the Panels Management Group
- Geoffrey Simukoko
- Anthony Abrahams, Director General
- Mohamed Al Abdel Wahab (co-opted)
- Thomas Halket (co-opted)
- James Bridgeman (ex-officio)
The Board of Management shall normally meet not less than six times in a year or with such other frequency as the Chairman of the Board of Management may direct. The quorum for any meeting shall be five voting members.
The Board of Management annually approves the members of CIArb's Standing Committee and Boards (with the exception of the Professional Conduct Committee) from among a pool of volunteers with the most appropriate qualities and expertise to participate, irrespective of geography or domicile.
What the Board of Management is responsible for
To oversee the day-to-day management of the Institute in accordance with the policies formulated and laid down by the Board of Trustees;
To ensure that the Institute’s Secretariat, the Committees and the Branches of the Institute function efficiently in accordance with the said policies, provided that the Professional Conduct Committee shall be independent from and not be subject to the control of the Board of Management, which shall nevertheless ensure that the Board is properly supported.
To formulate all necessary Regulations, rules protocols and procedures for approval by the Board of Trustees and, once approved, to implement and enforce them.
(Please note that the above is not an exhaustive list).