Please note: this event is now due to take place in April/May 2017, date to be confirmed shortly.
CIArb’s Costs in Arbitration Workshop 2017 will deliver practical insight into how arbitral tribunals approach the issues relating to costs in arbitration.
It will address applying for third party funding, practical solutions for costs budgeting and management, dealing with applications for security for costs, the award of costs and assessment of costs.
At the end of the workshop, participants will have a better understanding of how to control time and costs effectively as well as how to deal with security for costs and costs applications during proceeding.
The conference is aimed at lawyers involved in arbitrations, whether in-house, on behalf of public bodies, or in private practice CFOs and executives involved in international affairs, students and academics in the field will also benefit from gaining a better understanding of the ever important aspect of costs which continues to dominate for clients and practitioners alike. The conference will be focusing on the five main areas listed below:
- Costs of arbitration proceedings
- Practical Cost budgeting
- Security for costs
- Third party funding
- The award and assessment of costs
We are offering a limited amount of student tickets for a discounted price. If you are interested in booking as a student, please email email@example.com
* Subject to change
- 8.45 - Registration and refreshments
- 9.30 - Welcome address
- 9.45 - First hearing - Costs management preliminary issue
- Effective Costs budgeting - how to be better equipped to develop a realistic budget
- Project management techniques to ensure good budget management with your client
- 10.15 - Workshop in groups - Practical costs budgeting
*Morning coffee/tea will be served in workshop rooms.
- 11.00 - Presentation from each workgroup
- 11.45 - Second hearing: Security for costs/Third party funding
- Third Party Funding - what to do when selecting a funder and presenting a case for funding
- Security for costs - when to make and how to respond to an application
- 12.15 - Lunch
- 13.45 - Workshop in groups - Security for costs/Third party funding
- 14.30 - Presentation from each workgroup
- 15.15 - Third hearing - Award and assessment of costs
- The award of costs - what to expect
- The assessment of costs - how best to go about it
- 16.00 - Workshop - Award and assessment of costs
* Afternoon coffee/tea to be served in workshop rooms.
- 16.45 - Presentation from each workgroup
- 17.30 - Closing summary
- 17.45 - Networking Reception
12 Bloomsbury Square
T +44 (0)20 7421 7427
Location View Directions
No. 12 Bloomsbury Square is situated on the west side of Bloomsbury Square, facing Victoria House and a few hundred yards from the British Museum. It is within easy walking distance of Holborn (Piccadilly, Central Lines) and Russell Square (Piccadilly).