CIArb International Arbitration Conference 2017 – Paris
07 December 2017 - 08:00
08 December 2017 - 17:30
||Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel
We are delighted to announce that CIArb's third and final international conference this year will be taking place in Paris on 7 - 8 December.
Join us this winter at the Marriott Champs Elysees to discuss The Synergy and Divergence between Civil Law and Common Law in International Arbitration from both a European and American angle.
The two-day conference will showcase lectures and panel discussions led by experts from across the world.
The event provides an incredible opportunity to engage with specialists within the dispute resolution field, network with other members of the ADR community and forge new business relationships.
This unique occasion will gather together a wealth of highly respected speakers. Members of the judiciary, arbitrators, senior practitioners and academics will be among those providing insight on the following topics:
- The Role of Legislation in Developing and Sustaining an Arbitration Friendly Seat
- What the Client Wants: Strategic Choices in Drafting Arbitration Agreements
- The Perspective from Arbitral Institutions on Building the Synergy between Civil and Common Law
- The Art of Advocacy: The Civil and Common Law Styles
- Civil-Common Law Divergence and Convergence: The Telecommunications and New Technologies Case Study
- The New Global Order and Arbitration
- Judicial Intervention, Perceptions and Reactions: The Civil and Common Law Approaches
- Arbitrators: The Civil and Common Law Styles
- The Civil-Common Law Dichotomy: Practical Solutions to Current Problems
Don’t just take our word for it, this is what delegates had to say about our previous international conference in Johannesburg:
l was amazed with the array of professionals you were able to gather for the conference from near and far. It was a great opportunity for me in particular to meet with the Attorney General of my country. l have attended many international conferences before, in Northern Ireland, London, and South Africa; but if I am to rate the conferences, CIArb Johannesburg was the best. - Mr Omoniyi Odeyemi, Member of the Nigerian Branch
This was a very informative conference, the topics were well thought out and the lectures translated easily into a practical scenario. Most of the presenters were practitioners and therefore talked about their hands-on experience. It was worth every minute and I hope that we will get more of such high-calibre conferences.” - Judge Sanji Monageng, Member of the European Branch
With the support of:
Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel, 70 Avenue des Champs-Elysées
T +33-1-5393 5500