CIArb International Arbitration Conference 2017 – Paris
07 December 2017 - 08:00
08 December 2017 - 17:30
||Paris Marriott Champs Elysées Hotel
We are delighted to announce that CIArb's third and final international conference this year will be taking place in Paris on 7-8 December.
Join us this winter at the Marriott Champs Elysées to discuss The Synergy and Divergence between Civil Law and Common Law in International Arbitration from both a European and American angle.
The two-day conference will showcase lectures and panel discussions led by experts from across the world.
The event provides an incredible opportunity to engage with specialists within the dispute resolution field, network with other members of the ADR community and forge new business relationships.
- Georges Affaki, Partner, Affaki Societe d’Avocats
- Rosemary Barkett, Former US Circuit Judge of the US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and Judge of the Iran-US Claims Tribunal
- Karl-Heinz Böckstiegel, Independent arbitrator, Former Patron of CIArb
- Sasha A. Carbone, Associate General Counsel, American Arbitration Association
- Teresa Cheng, Chair of the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre
- Nayla Comair-Obeid C.Arb, CIArb President
- Bernardo M. Cremades Sanz-Pastor, Founding Partner, Cremades y Asociados
- Antonio Crivellaro, Partner Emeritus, BonelliErede (Milan)
- Felix Dasser, Partner, Homburger
- Claire de Tassigny Schuetze, Senior Legal Counsel, Permanent Court of Arbitration
- Alexander Fessas, Secretary General, ICC International Court of Arbitration
- Elliott Geisinger, Partner, Schellenberg Wittmer
- Dominique Hascher, Judge of the French Cour de Cassation
- Benoit Le Bars, Partner, Lazareff Le Bars
- Annette Magnusson, Secretary General, Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce
- Wendy J Miles QC, Partner, Debevoise and Plimpton
- Reza Mohtashami, Partner, Freshfields (Paris)
- David W. Rivkin, Partner, Debevoise & Plimpton
- Ann Ryan Robertson, Partner, Locke Lord
- Axel Reeg, Partner, Reeg Rechtsanwälte
- Jacomijn van Haersolte-van Hof, Director General of the London Court of International Arbitration
- Mohamed Abdel Wahab, Partner, Zulficar & Partners
- Janet Walker, Professor at Osgoode Hall Law School, York University
The first flagship international conference in this series was held in Dubai in March and looked at the Middle Eastern and Asian point of view. Over fifty speakers and one hundred and nineteen delegates from diverse professional and cultural backgrounds participated in the event. The second conference in the series was held in Johannesburg on 19-20 July 2017, and covered issues relating to the African continent.
70 Avenue des Champs-Elysées
T +33-1-5393 5500