This scheme provides experienced arbitrators, construction adjudicators and mediators direct entry into CIArb membership at Fellow level.
Eligibility criteria for Experienced Practitioner Route (EPR)
Applicants must demonstrate the following:
- A knowledge of law of obligations and evidence at first degree level or recognised equivalent or an understanding of law relevant to your mediation practice or recognised equivalent.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in arbitration or construction adjudication, or mediation (in a lead/sole capacity) including settlement agreements, the management of proceedings and attending hearings which have resulted in the publication of a reasoned award or decision.
- Experience of writing directions and final, reasoned awards or decisions/experience of writing Mediation Agreements/Heads of Agreements/Memoranda of Understanding.
Please submit a completed Application Form, either by email or by post to: CIArb Member Services
12 Bloomsbury Square
London WC1A 2LP
- A schedule of appointments undertaken in the last 10 years, indicating in which capacity i.e. sole arbitrator, tribunal member, counsel , sole mediator or where you have co-mediated as the lead mediator.
- Copies of at least two pieces of work (see list below) which demonstrates your ability to write the equivalent of a final, reasoned award or decision or the equivalent mediation agreements.
- Your CV/resumé
List of work recognised
- published award
- published decision
- contribution to published award
- contribution to published decision