The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) is pleased to announce the appointment of a new editorial board for its highly respected academic journal, The International Journal of Arbitration, Mediation and Dispute Management, also known as The Journal.
The Journal will be peer reviewed and the new board chaired by Stavros Brekoulakis, Professor in International Arbitration and Commercial Law at Queen Mary University of London as well as an attorney-at-law with more than 17 years’ experience in international arbitration. He will be supported by associate editors Dr Mary Mitsi, Mr Ahmed El Far and Sabina Adascalitei.
To maintain the strict academic rigour with which The Journal is reviewed and produced, the editorial board will consist of the following leading experts from various jurisdictions around the world:
· Professor Mohamed Abdel-Wahab, Zulficar & Partners (Egypt)
· Professor Neil Andrews, Cambridge University (UK)
· Christopher Boog, Schellenberg Whitman (Singapore)
· Mark Cantor, independent arbitrator (USA)
· Dr Debbie De Girolamo, Queen Mary University London (UK)
· Louis Frannery, Stephenson Harwood (England)
· Dr Beata Gessel, Kancelaria Gessel (Poland)
· Peter Hirst, Clyde & Co (England)
· Matthew Hodgson, Allen & Overy (England / Hong Kong)
· Jean Kalicki, independent arbitrator (USA)
· Dr Roman Khodykin, BLP (Russia / England)
· Joachim Knoll, Lalive (Switzerland)
· Dr Fan Kun, McGill University (Hong Kong / Canada)
· Professor Daniel Levy, FCDG (Brazil)
· Professor Rob Merkin, Exeter (UK)
· Dr Colin Ong, barrister (Singapore)
· Dr Emilia Onyema, SOAS (Nigeria / England)
· Professor Vladimir Pavic, (Serbia)
· Professor Marike Paulsson (USA)
· Dr Georgios Petrochilos, Three Crowns (France)
· Dr Abdel Raouf, (Egypt)
· Dr Stefan Riegler, Baker & McKenzie (Austria)
· Sir Bernard Rix, 20 Essex Street (England)
· Kim Rooney, Gilt Chambers (Hong Kong)
· Monty Taylor, Arnold Porter (England)
· Dr Stephan Wilske, Gleiss Lutz (Germany)
. Professor Patricia Shaughnessy, University of Stockholm (Stockholm).
Dr Subo Shanmuganathan, CIArb’s Director of Education, Policy and Research welcomed the new appointments:
“I am delighted to welcome Professor Stavros Brekoulakis and his team to lead the production of The Journal. As highly qualified practitioners and academics in commercial dispute resolution, they will undoubtedly maintain the longstanding tradition of excellence for which The Journal is well known. I am also excited to see the fresh perspective their insight will bring as we continue to be the voice of leading experts in the field.”
Professor Stavros Brekoulakis added:
“I am delighted to have been appointed to lead The Journal as the new Editor. The Journal is the oldest academic journal dedicated to the field of arbitration and dispute resolution and boasts an unparalleled membership of around 15,000 individuals and online access through Westlaw and Lexis Nexis UK. The new editorial board, consisting of some of the most distinguished international arbitration practitioners and academics and I are committed to reinforcing The Journal’s contribution to the growing academic discourse on arbitration and establishing it as the primary source of information for both arbitration practitioners and scholars”.
CIArb would like to thank the following editorial board members for their outstanding contributions to the journal over the years: Professor Derek Roebuck MCIArb, Dr Gordon Blanke MCIArb, Dominique Brown-Berset ACIArb, Hew R Dundas C.Arb, Arthur Harverd C.Arb and Julio Cesar Betancourt.
For further information, please contact:
Nikki Nang Nilar
PR & Communications
T: 020 7421 7481