The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators' Young Members' Group is pleased to invite anyone aged 40 years and under on the date of submission to participate in an essay competition sponsored by Deloitte.
The piece should be on either of the topics below:
"Resisting Guerilla Tactics in International Arbitration"
"Conflicts and Ethics in International Arbitration"
The essay competition will be judged b y Maria Chedid of Baker McKenzie, Principal & Chair of Arbitration Practice in California.
The winner will receive a prize of £250 and the winning entry will be published in the CIArb's Journal of Arbitration and receive a place at the CIArb's Dublin Forum in June 2018.* We may identify runners-up in the essay competition.
Word length: Approx 4,000 to 7,000 (including footnotes)
Due Date: 31 March 2018 (midnight London time)
- Please use British English spelling and this citation guide
- Please use Arial font size 12 for the text and Arial font size 10 for footnotes. Please double space the text and leave a one inch margin on all sides
- Please submit your name, affiliation, location and title on a separate cover page. The essay itself should begin on the next page without your name, affiliation or any other identifying details
- Please send us Word versions of your document and not PDFs.
- Articles cannot be co-authored
Entries should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please direct any questions to:
Amanda Lee, Consultant, Seymours (London) email@example.com
Kabir Duggal, Senior Associate, Baker & McKenzie (New York) and Lecturer-in-Law, Columbia Law School firstname.lastname@example.org
Sabina Adascalitei, Research and Academic Affairs Coordinator, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (London) email@example.com
Bryan Fok, Associate, Herbert Smith Freehills (Hong Kong) firstname.lastname@example.org
Harald Sippel, Foreign Attorney, Yulchon (Seoul) email@example.com
*The winner will need to bear their own travel and accommodation costs
Click here to view the event flyer.