CIArb provides the secretariat to the All Party Parliamentary Group on ADR.
The APPG on ADR brings together parliamentarians interested in dispute resolution, civil justice reform and alternatives to court.
The group organises regular evidence sessions in Parliament.
If you would like to get involved and play your part in keeping disputes out of court, please email Chris Wilford, Head of Policy & Public Affairs at email@example.com
APPG on ADR: Public Sector ADR and AGM
Listen to an audio recording of the sixth and work programme session of the first year of activity, held on 30 January 2017 at the Houses of Parliament in London.
This session provided an overview of public sector ADR, current trends in the sector and how these forms of ADR relate to each other and the courts.
This session also included the AGM with new officers proposed and elected:
- Chair: John Howell MP (Conservative)
- Vice-Chair: Christina Rees MP (Labour)
- Vice-Chair: Bob Neill MP (Conservative)
- Treasurer: George Kerevan MP (SNP)
- Officer: Nick Thomas-Symonds MP (Labour)
- Officer: Jeff Smith MP (Labour)
- Officer: Alberto Costa MP (Conservative)
The Chair then questioned speakers and audience members on a variety of topics.