Job Title: Counsel & Independent Arbitrator
Areas of Expertise:
Syed Mustafa Mahdi is a common law qualified lawyer with a professional experience of 10 years and practising at the Bar in Sindh (High Court), Pakistan. Syed specialises in corporate law, aviation, hospitality, shipping, customs, construction, arbitration, financial markets, and cross-border transactions to which he brings a commercial, pragmatic and organised approach with a depth of experience and knowledge.
Syed is regarded by his peers as one the prominent and accomplished attorney in this field. Syed is known for his formidable legal intellect, his excellent skills in advocacy, and his impeccable presentation style. Syed possesses an innate ability to delve straight to the heart of any matter and offer simple yet effective advice that will best serve a client's interest and lead to the best outcome possible. As a reflection of his expertise, Syed qualified as a Fellow at the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (“FCIArb”) and is one the youngest Arbitrators to have achieved this enviable and distinguished title in Pakistan.
Awards / Recognitions
1. 2019: “Best Full Service Arbitration Specialist- Pakistan” by APAC Inside Legal Awards
2. 2018: “Corporate Arbitrator of the Year- Pakistan” by Acquisitions International Magazine (UK)
3. 2018: “Leading Corporate Attorney of the Year- Pakistan” by AI Global Media (UK)
Rights of Audience
1. Certificate of Practice to be enrolled as an Advocate Lifetime High Court(s) of Pakistan
2. Rights of Audience (Lifetime) at the Astana International Financial Centre (AIFC), Kazakhstan
1. Fellow: Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb), United Kingdom
2. Fellow: The Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators (MIArb), Malaysia
3. Fellow: Arbitrators and Mediators Institute of New Zealand (AMINZ), New Zealand
You may contact Syed and instruct him directly.
M: +92 (300) 200 8976
Country of Residence: Pakistan
Primary Branch: Pakistan
Suit Number Six, Building Number One, Shafi Court
Ground Floor, Merewether Road
Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan