17 July 2020
17 July 2020
IMI-SIMI Event - Investor-state mediation: An expert roundtable
CIArb is a proud supporting organisation of this roundtable to be held on Friday 17 July 2020, at 14.00hrs Central European Time (CET). It will be moderated by Wolf von Kumberg FCIArb (former IMI Board Chair), and include the following presentations and speakers:
- UNCITRAL framework on mediation and reforms underway; Anna Joubin-Bret, UNCITRAL Secretary
- ECS efforts to facilitate investment mediation; Alejandro Carballo Leyda, Energy Charter Secretariat (ECS) and IMI Investor-State Taskforce member
- The new ICSID mediation rules; Frauke Nitschke, International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) and IMI Investor-State Taskforce member - Status of the IMI Investor-State Mediator Competency Criteria; Mark Appel, international arbitrator/mediator and IMI IAC/Investor-State Taskforce member
- The use of IS mediation in Belt and Road; Dr Malik Dahlan (former IMI Board member)
- The current trend in IS mediation awareness and mediator training; James South, CEDR (IMI Board member)
6 - 10 July 2020
CIArb is a proud media partner of PAW2020. This year's Paris Arbitration Week (PAW) is maintained and adapted to take place virtually. Individual PAW event organizers will manage separate communications on respective events.
As part of PAW2020, CIArb's Young Members Group (YMG), along with Eversheds Sutherland, will hold an online event on arbitration and mediation in Africa on Friday 10 July 2020, at 2.00pm British Summer Time (BST). To book onto this particular YMG event, please click here.